Paleo Cauliflower and Spinach Breakfast Bread
30th October 2017
The jury is out on this one.
I love my bread, bread however, does not always love me! so I am always looking for alternatives. The title ‘Breakfast Bread’ won it for me. I also like all the ingredients, so what could possibly go wrong!
I found 2 – 3 eggs depended on the size of the cauliflower, if there is too much egg they can be hard to hold.
Greaseproof your baking tray or paper ‘coz they stick!
I used a higher temperature for longer time – I was going for crispy!
- Touch of Coconut Oil – for saute
- 1 Cauliflower
- ½ Onion – Diced
- 1 Cup Spinach – Fresh or frozen
- ½ Cup Nuts – Ground (optional)
- 2-3 Free Range Eggs
- 1-2 Cloves Garlic – Crushed
- Any herb of choice, fresh or dry – Optional
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- In a food processor, chop the cauliflower until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- In a skillet, melt coconut oil and heat the cauliflower, garlic and onion until it browns slightly, 10 mins.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and add cauliflower mix and the remaining ingredients. Stir.
- Place parchment paper on a baking tray and spoon mixture into rounds (or use a butterfly cutter) onto the tray. Use a cookie cutter for a perfectly round shape.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes until browned.
Play around with the recipe, you can always adjust to your taste.
Let me know how you get on.
Leave a comment or a tip below!